Spend the first part of your summer in New Orleans studying and experiencing first hand how the film industry works.
- Learn what film historians and industry leaders have to say about contemporary film production, distribution, exhibition, and reception.
- Understand the similarities and differences between the Hollywood production model and "runway" production in Louisiana.
- Analyze films that represent the Hollywood industry and films shot in Louisiana.
- Spend a week in Hollywood meeting with studio heads, writers, producers, actors, agents and touring film studios and production facilities. Travel to film sets and production facilities in Louisiana.
- Make connections with faculty and industry mentors who can help you launch your career.
: May 29-June 29, 2018 including June 16-June 23, 2018 in Hollywood trip.
: 6 hours, Students must register for all 6 hours.
DMPR 3920: Hollywood/New Orleans: A Comparison, Dr. Blue
DMPR 4070: Contemporary Film as Art and Industry, Dr. Blue
Includes a great academic experience, airfare (New Orleans – LA – New Orleans), housing, breakfasts at USC, and transportation to studios and production facilities. (Tulane on-campus housing is available but will be billed separately)
If accepted, a $700 NONREFUNDABLE deposit is due by April 3, 2018
Who Might Apply
: Students interested in film production, film history, and/or film analysis; students interested in a career in the industry or graduate school in film studies, communication, creative writing/English or related fields, students who plan to go on to professional schools such as law or business specializing in the area of entertainment. We are looking for students who have a basic understanding of film or television history and/or basic production competencies. You may have taken specific courses or you may have had other types of qualifying experiences.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via electronic submission at http://tulane.studioabroad.com
the deadline to apply is March 9, 2018. If you have any questions about the application, please contact Dr. Mary Blue at email@example.com
or Kendra Paige at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is March 9, 2018. Use the following subject heading: Hollywood Course
Two partial, need-based scholarships are available for the 2018 summer program. If you believe you're eligible and you're interested in applying, print the application, (found under questionnaires - SLA Summer Scholarship Application) fill it out completely and then upload it back into your application.
Contacts: Dr. Mary Blue
*This program will only be offered during the summer.
You must be over 18 years of age to apply.