Home > Tuition and Fees While Abroad
Tuition and Fees While Abroad
Tuition and Fee Structure for Study Abroad:
Students remain enrolled full-time at Tulane as they pursue their academic programs abroad, and are charged full-time student tuition and the Tulane academic support fee. Financial aid awards – including Dean's Honor Scholarships, Presidential Scholarships, etc. -- are applicable toward tuition while abroad.
When studying abroad on an approved program, students remain classified with their Class year and semester cohort, and are thereby able to preregister for courses, participate in on-campus housing selection from abroad, and otherwise prepare for the upcoming academic year at the same time as their cohort. Course titles taken abroad, in all cases, are reflected on their transcripts.
All students, regardless of when they enter Tulane or which approved program they attend, receive administrative support throughout the study abroad cycle. This support includes:
• faculty review and approval of study abroad programs
• advising on approved study abroad options
• assistance with applications and study proposals
• pre-departure orientation
• continued access to advisers while abroad
• verification of status with the Tulane Financial Aid Office and the Registrar
• assistance with major/minor credit approval and credit/grade transfer
• workshops dealing with re-entry and readjustment to Tulane
Additional activities for students include grant workshops, and presentations throughout the year from program representatives and former study abroad participants.